In articles I wrote for bibledude.net titled, “Support Your Local Church,” and, “Is Marriage Relevant?” I talk about our relationship with God and church. One commenter on “Support Your Local Church” suggested we begin a blog where people share the good in church fellowship.
I invite you to send me your stories.
Every Friday I run a column called, “The Chronicles of Church Fellowship.” I would love it (and you don’t have to be a writer…I’ll do some editing…the important part is the story) if you would consider contributing a story about something noteworthy in your church. You can view the examples under the category, “The Chronicles of Church Fellowship,” on my blog.
- No more than 750 words.
- No bashing of other churches.
- Show God’s glory in the fellowship.
- Nothing, of course, unbiblical. (duh)
- Positive, heart warming, etc.
- Transparent (i.e. we’re not super Christians).
- Consider sharing your church’s website link.
- If anonymous, that’s okay, too.
- Keep pictures separate; do not imbed pictures in a word document.
- Can be poems, stories, or capturing the moments in photography.
- Be creative.
- Include a bio and photo of yourself, if not anonymous.
- If you’re a writer, include current books you have published and/or are working on, and your website, social networking site, twitter, etc, too.
I will get back to you with a yes, no, or revise in two to three days. If you don’t hear from me, resend; or contact me on twitter.