We aren’t being obedient to God, if we believe and do the things of the world. It is about treating God as a holy God and living differently than the world. Not expecting God to compromise His values for us, as He already gave us the greatest Gift, but for us to humble ourselves before God. The fruit of belief is action, not merely memorizing verses.
Reading: Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from Them by Liz Curtis Higgs
Reference Verses: 1 John 1:8-9, Luke 16:15
How do you humble yourself before God?
- Grace and mercy to others.
- Letting go of selfish desires.
- Recognizing that what you did before was not justified or okay no matter what the world accepted.
Launching January, 2015!
Where two forces come together resulting on one powerful voice for the Gospel.
Real Life Church + Online Church = One Voice
Equip and Educate the Christian
Definition: According to the definition of Cataclysm, it is a deluge or something that brings about great change. Our website was thus named Cataclysm. Missions and international were added later to give it more identity. The description is the kind of change we’d like to see: bringing the offline world online and the online world to church.
Four Ways to be Involved (three have an application process):
- Blogger/Social Media: This position is the least time-consuming. The former/current pastor, missionary, or ministry leader (and me) will write at least one blog a month on one of the categories. The goal is to teach the pew Christian to be at ease with technology and social media as well as to educate them on missions and other religions/cults, and how to engage others online.
- Online Social Media Missionary: After the person is accepted into this position, they promise to spend a minimum of an hour on an online forum a week, praying for, being a friend with, and when the Holy Spirit prods, speak truth into the lives they interact with. If someone comes to know Christ or is looking for a church, the missionary will help connect them with a church in the person’s local area by contacting churches, looking online at their websites, and helping the person find the right church home.
- Community Volunteer: This is someone in real life who interacts with local churches in his or her area, getting them to become social media aware, and teaching them technology, etiquette, and how to bring awareness to their congregation on using their social media with more missional intent. This person can speak to all age ranges who use social media, too, like youth groups.
- Donations: While I am working at possibly making Cataclysm a non-profit, for now the way to pay for this new venture is to cross-network. Someone makes a donation, and we list them on the donation page. The size of the donation will differentiate between how big of a mention, like a graphic or just a text thank you. Each thank you will be linked back to the business, ministry, or church who donated. It’s exactly like selling advertisements online. Meanwhile, you may donate here to help me start it and make TRC Magazine evolve as well.
Cataclysm Missions International will benefit all churches as its goal is to remind the church of the Biblical concept of church--that is a church is not a building, but a body. It is about educating the Christian on the many religions and cults of the world, technology, social media, and on missions. That we can work together to engage the culture by using the tools available to us and promote the positive rather than the negative, and offer a genuine hand of friendship to the non-believer or the home-bound online. Even help a believer who hasn’t been to church in a long time by connecting them with one in their area.
Did you know about the unreached people groups in the United States? Or who the biggest internet user is in the world (Hint: It’s not us)?
Jupiter Winds by CJ Darlington is a fast-pasted, futuristic tale set in an unrecognizable earth. Two powerful entities rule earth: Mazdaar Government and Yien Dynasty. Up for grabs is a new world, Jupiter.
It’s like Agenda 51. People are forced to live in the cities while the preserves are reserved for use only the very rich could afford. The preserve is where the unconnected people live–people who escaped into the preserve illegally and chose not to get the RIFD-like thing implanted into their minds. This is where Grey and Orinda live.
They are teenagers living alone after the disappearance and presumed death of their parents. Many friends in the secret community exist, but nothing is what it seems, and Grey and Orinda will discover that another world will give them the freedom they desire.
Jupiter Winds was published by a small publishing company called, Mountainview Books, LLC. The formatting of the book was excellent, and I only discovered one or two minor punctuation mistakes. It is an otherwise well-laid out book and story. I gave this novel five stars.
Disclosure of material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase this item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I might use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255, “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Book given by publisher to review.
Yes, I nearly cried again.
Good thing no one was around. I could quickly dab at my eyes, pause the video, and feel my heart fill with unimaginable joy at the growth of the camp.
For those of you who don’t know, this is where we were this past May. We were in Honduras. We helped build a cabin. The video here is the past and present of the camp. I have also put a link to my video beneath it for comparison. Most of this video shows the vast improvements the next team did after we went home.
That camp blessed me and I miss it.
According to the Dake Annotated Reference Bible-KJV-Large Print, there are 176 prayers in the Old Testament and 46 prayers in the New Testament. I first heard about this reference (found here) during a prayer meeting. For the next several Sundays I will post a prayer in regards to each section of scripture mentioned until I have gone through all 222 prayers.
2 Chron 20:6-12
2 Chron 20:20-25